Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I hate computers

Mostly, I hate the fact that I can't seem to function without them. Last night, my desktop died on me. Now this is already problematic, but I was getting myself worked up for a real bad mood. I tried a troubleshooting guide on the website that sold me the thing, and was looking forward to sending it in for repairs. This is almost precisely 2 months after the warranty expired, by the way. So I am looking forward to a month of using public computers and my laptop with its tiny keyboard. The thing is, just as I started this angry post, my desktop successfully booted. I had tried about a dozen times earlier, but the time I give up, the damned thing starts as easy as you like. Apparently, I need to slaughter a chicken and do a Vodun ritual when I need it to work. Well, it seems that the dark gods of windows and intel have blessed me, because everything seems to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment