Thursday, June 4, 2009

The wheels of progress slowly turn

New Hampshire has joined the growing number of elite states that allow same-sex marriage. Or, at least they will in January. Now I am not a huge activist for gay rights, despite the fact that I am a firm believer in them, but I can't help but feel stupidly, giddily happy when any state overturns stupid hateful laws. I'm looking at you California. I know, I know, it's a constitutional Jebus, I'm already bored. I know, but don't understand, how people can hate other people for no good reason. Yes, I'm talking about Fred "God Hates Fags" Phelps.




I understand that Leviticus 18 22 explains that sex between two dudes is totally gross. This follows the section in Leviticus 18 6-17 which is basically an exhaustive list of all of your family member which you aren't allowed to screw. All I'm saying is that in the thousands of years since this was written, morality has gotten a bit more robust. We now think that slavery is bad for example.

So yeah, treating LGBT people like they are, in fact, people is about the least we can do to be a more moral society.

Now ending rant.

1 comment:

  1. I can't help but think that God laughs, instead, when that guy's hands spasm and his signs accidentally chop off his head.

    I'm fairly certain that if God hates anybody, it's self-righteous douchebags.

    ReplyDelete